Push to add drama.
A launch worth talking about for a tv channel worth talking about.
Launch of the new American TV channel TNT in Flanders, Belgium. TNT is a high quality entertainment channel that delivers fresh series, acclaimed films and insightful real life stories. Their tagline: We know drama. TNT’s brand promise is ‘TV worth talking about’. Our assignment was to make a launch campaign worth talking about.
TNT’s tagline is “We know drama”. Instead of telling the TNT story to Flemish, Belgian people we decided to give them a story to tell. Triggering the unstoppable curiosity of people we placed a big red push button on an average Flemish square of an average Flemish town. The sign with the button invites people to “push to add drama”. And then we waited. People daring to push it were then confronted with a very fast sequence of dramatic and crazy events occurring in front of their eyes, all referring to the series on TNT. At the end a big cloth unfolds saying “Your Daily Dose of Drama. From 10/04 on Telenet”
The campaign was launched mid April. But this is what happened in less than 1 week:
- More than 29 million views on Youtube
- More than 250.000 likes
- More than 3.8 million Facebook shares (the second most shared commercial ever, and counting)
- More than 120.000 tweets (even Chuck Norris tweeted about TNT)
- More than 2.500 blog posts
- Massive media attention: national and international worldwide
- … and a hilarious Lego-parody
- Eurobest 2012, 3 Grand Prix, Gold, 4 Bronze
- Cannes Lions 2012, 5 Gold, 2 Silver, 1 Bronze
- D&AD 1xYellow Pencil Nomination, 3 In Book
- One Show, Gold
- New York Festivals 2012, Gold, Silver
- London International Awards 2012, Bronze
- IAB Mixx Awards 2012, Gold
- IAB Mixx Awards Europe 2012, Gold
- CCB 2012, 2 Grand Prix, 2 Gold, Silver
- Epica Awards 2012, Gold, Silver
A sequel worth talking about for a TV channel worth talking about.
After the iconic TNT “Push to add drama”-campaign in Belgium last year. TNT asked us to make a sequel promoting the channels’s arrival in the Netherlands.
The new dramatic piece “A dramatic surprise on an ice-cold day”, shot in the small town of Dordrecht on January 17th, also features the now famous red button as its centerpiece. When innocent passers-by couldn’t resist pushing it, pure TNTdrama unfolds with an extra ‘engaging’ twist in a form of surprisingly close participation from the public. The chosen approach aimed to connect a new TV channel (TNT) and its specific offering (DRAMA) in the minds of people. So when they’re in for some good drama, they will absolutely remember the dramatic series of events when pushing the “push to add drama”-button.
- More than 8.5 million views on Youtube
- More than 205.000 Facebook shares
- More than 10.000 tweets
- An increase of 63% in the unique visits on tnt-tv.nl
- ational and international press attention
- Best talked-about launch in The Netherlands in the recent years
- The Poke
- Most Watched Today
- Ads of the World
- Best of Youtube
- Business Insider
- The Next Web
- Cannes Lions 2014, Bronze
A print worth talking about.
- Cannes Lions 2013, Gold in Outdoor
- Cannes Lions 2013, Silver in Press
- Eurobest 2013, Gold in Press
- Eurobest 2013, Silver in Outdoor
- CCB 2013, Gold in Print
- CCB 2013, Silver in Photography
- CCB 2013, Silver in Outdoor